The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part 31

"As per usual..."

Have you been cooking ot not? It's been a long time since you ladt posted something yummy.
Funny, you should ask. My wife put off renewing her license for running addiction (oh, excuse me, make that recovery) centers and has to pull two 10 day classes this weekend. I told her that she should look up something that sounds good and I would make lunch for her both days. The problem is that the classes go from 8 to 6, and if she eats the wrong lunch. it might put her to sleep. I’m suggesting a curry, squash soup with green onions and a Caesar chicken wrap. I think those would work well with a early morning yogurt, granola fruit mix. Of course, for her, coffee is on the menu. I’ll never understand how people can drink something that taste like dirt.

Hey, can you resend that “you’re married?” GIF? I think it was from “Misery”, but it was definitely one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Funny, you should ask. My wife put off renewing her license for running addiction (oh, excuse me, make that recovery) centers and has to pull two 10 day classes this weekend. I told her that she should look up something that sounds good and I would make lunch for her both days. The problem is that the classes go from 8 to 6, and if she eats the wrong lunch. it might put her to sleep. I’m suggesting a curry, squash soup with green onions and a Caesar chicken wrap. I think those would work well with a early morning yogurt, granola fruit mix. Of course, for her, coffee is on the menu. I’ll never understand how people can drink something that taste like dirt.

Hey, can you resend that “you’re married?” GIF? I think it was from “Misery”, but it was definitely one of my favorites.
I have NO idea how to insert GIFs with this whole new setting and changes.

I’ve thought long and hard and I think the differences in our sex drives isn’t going to work for me. As tough as it will be and as much as it will hurt, I have to retry all over at 36.

But what about the animated GIFs? Same process? :(
You could always hit the Attach Files box and upload that way, if the gif is saved to your phone or tablet.

3712R3V.jpg

I’ve thought long and hard and I think the differences in our sex drives isn’t going to work for me. As tough as it will be and as much as it will hurt, I have to retry all over at 36.

You're ONLY 36!

The social pressure makes us believe that by that age we are "old", but we re not. You're young, don't believe everything people say.

You're ONLY 36!

The social pressure makes us believe that by that age we are "old", but we re not. You're young, don't believe everything people say.
I would like a family one day. This is a step back. Or a step not going in neither direction I should say.

Last edited:
I have NO idea how to insert GIFs with this whole new setting and changes.
The student becomes the teacher.:res:

You've been spending way too much time on your French classes and not on the important things in life :wink:......there's an insert icon just to the right of the smilies button. You can either drop an image or hit the attach button and paste the address. EDIT: I see that dastardly @blueharvest has stolen my thunder again. What is it with you two? I'm kinda jealous. :funny:

But, don't worry......the moment has passed, really, don't worry, I don't blame you one bit.....not at all.....not even the tiniest little bit.....it's okay......really.

Instead of a chicken caesar wrap, I was thinking of maybe making falafel on flatbread with tahini and hummus. My daughter is a vegetarian and she likes those.

I see that dastardly @blueharvest has stolen my thunder again. What is it with you two? I'm kinda jealous. :funny:

That's husband no. 3 for you. (sorry @blueharvest you may no longer want to hang with me @ the diner after this).

But, don't worry......the moment has passed, really, don't worry, I don't blame you one bit.....not at all.....not even the tiniest little bit.....it's okay......really.

I don't know, Rick...

I've seen the icon, I'm not THAT blind :p it's just that I get an error message every time.

I would like a family one day. This is a step back. Or a step not going in neither direction I should say.

You shouldn't worry that much! You guys have some advantages (?) and your fertile age extends way longer than us ladies.

I think it'd be interesting knowing your POV on this regard, gentlemen. We all have a different background and opinions, feelings, etc. @InCali your expertise may come in handy! What was your vision (or still is) on having your family?

@MissMarvelous contact one of the Admins or Mods. The button works for me. I wondered what was wrong with you.....I still kinda do. :tongue:

I think I'm a bit of a different bird than most. I was never worried about having children one way or the other. I'm actually a step-father, but have raised the kids since they were very young.

@MissMarvelous contact one of the Admins or Mods. The button works for me. I wondered what was wrong with you.....I still kinda do. :tongue:

I think I'm a bit of a different bird than most. I was never worried about having children one way or the other. I'm actually a step-father, but have raised the kids since they were very young.

Darn, you're my personal "box of chocolates" as in Forrest Gump.

I never know what I'm gonna get.

Wow.

It was my birthday and I told my gf I didn’t want to do anything and didn’t want to see anyone. She said ok but she has something planned. I said why I wasn’t lying when I said I just wanted to relax. This was my birthday and my wish, but I went along with her plan and we went out and my brother and fiancé showed up. I threw a tantrum. I didn’t want to see anyone. I have a good relations with everyone in my family, but for one day I just wanted to be heard but apparently I could not get that. I apologized and felt really bad, but as the day went on felt justified for my anger. My birthday was supposed to be the only day I have all year to be about me and why can’t I just get what I want? Who cares if I just want to sit around and watch tv and not see family?

It was my birthday and I told my gf I didn’t want to do anything and didn’t want to see anyone. She said ok but she has something planned. I said why I wasn’t lying when I said I just wanted to relax. This was my birthday and my wish, but I went along with her plan and we went out and my brother and fiancé showed up. I threw a tantrum. I didn’t want to see anyone. I have a good relations with everyone in my family, but for one day I just wanted to be heard but apparently I could not get that. I apologized and felt really bad, but as the day went on felt justified for my anger. My birthday was supposed to be the only day I have all year to be about me and why can’t I just get what I want? Who cares if I just want to sit around and watch tv and not see family?
Hmmmmmm.......my guess is that she planned something before she knew you wanted to just hang out? I think there's a compromise to be had (or could have been one). When people do things for you, it matters; even if it's not exactly what you would do. I think what I would have said was "OK. I know you were planning something special, but I really wanted to just have down time. Maybe we can just <fill in the blank> next weekend and have some alone time."

I'm probably a bad one to be giving advice here because I don't give a crap about my birthday and do stuff because other people want to do something for my birthday. To me, it's just another day like any other. I mean, every day you're a day older anyway. Also, if anyone should be celebrating birthdays, it's the moms. They did all the work, we wouldn't be here without them, and the kids get all the benefit. Makes no sense to me.

Hmmmmmm.......my guess is that she planned something before she knew you wanted to just hang out? I think there's a compromise to be had (or could have been one). When people do things for you, it matters; even if it's not exactly what you would do. I think what I would have said was "OK. I know you were planning something special, but I really wanted to just have down time. Maybe we can just <fill in the blank> next weekend and have some alone time."

I'm probably a bad one to be giving advice here because I don't give a crap about my birthday and do stuff because other people want to do something for my birthday. To me, it's just another day like any other. I mean, every day you're a day older anyway. Also, if anyone should be celebrating birthdays, it's the moms. They did all the work, we wouldn't be here without them, and the kids get all the benefit. Makes no sense to me.
She definitely knew and I know in her heart she never would’ve thought that inviting my brother and his fiancé would cause me to throw a tantrum and tell her I need space to think. It’s just I love my brother I do, but after being the Familyjoke as I battled alcoholism for 15 years (now clean a few years) I don’t ask for much, but I just want one day where I don’t have to thank anyone. Thank anyone for showing up or anything. Is my ego out of control? Sure, but it’s my birthday and all I asked for was to sit on the couch and watch sports.

She definitely knew and I know in her heart she never would’ve thought that inviting my brother and his fiancé would cause me to throw a tantrum and tell her I need space to think. It’s just I love my brother I do, but after being the Familyjoke as I battled alcoholism for 15 years (now clean a few years) I don’t ask for much, but I just want one day where I don’t have to thank anyone. Thank anyone for showing up or anything. Is my ego out of control? Sure, but it’s my birthday and all I asked for was to sit on the couch and watch sports.
I would say to let it go, understand she was just trying to help and made a mistake. It happens. Also, if you feel like you're the family joke because you've struggled with alcoholism, you either need to let that go or your family needs some education. I can tell you that the best friend I've ever had was sober for over 20 years before he passed late last year. I never once felt anything other than love for him, never even considered looking down on him, and he was at peace with himself.

My wife kind of changed the way I see birthdays. Now usually birthdays are spent out of state/country. It's a habit I picked up from her and something I've changed since knowing her. I haven't worked my birthday in years.

My wife kind of changed the way I see birthdays. Now usually birthdays are spent out of state/country. It's a habit I picked up from her and something I've changed since knowing her. I haven't worked my birthday in years.
What about my advice? How wrong was I to take my displeasure into the next day and make a big thing out of it. This is turning out to be our first fight

You're right to be upset. You told her not once but twice that you just wanted a simple relaxing birthday. You stated your boundaries, and she went ahead hoping that you would have changed your mind and you blew up. Your feelings are justified however, you could have held it in and spoken to her about it privately. But this seems to be a pattern with her: you want more sex, you want a lowkey birthday, don't complain about dinner and it repeats?

I don't know what her dating history is, but asking her to do things and she does it anyways or changes for a while and then goes back? That just inability to compromise and I don't know what she promised you for you to not want to break things up.

You're right to be upset. You told her not once but twice that you just wanted a simple relaxing birthday. You stated your boundaries, and she went ahead hoping that you would have changed your mind and you blew up. Your feelings are justified however, you could have held it in and spoken to her about it privately. But this seems to be a pattern with her: you want more sex, you want a lowkey birthday, don't complain about dinner and it repeats?

I don't know what her dating history is, but asking her to do things and she does it anyways or changes for a while and then goes back? That just inability to compromise and I don't know what she promised you for you to not want to break things up.
I blew up pretty good though. I carried it over into the next day. And didn’t talk to her at all even though I think her heart was in the right place. And she has no kids wants kids, that’s enough for me. Before her I could barely find anyone to date me because I don’t think I’m that easy to get along with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"