The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part 31

Ok, so I just called and asked to talk to her. The card she gave me had the name Ashley but the Ashley I talked to wasn't there yesterday. She looked up my name and said I had my haircut by Brandi and she wasn't there.

Never mind, I'm getting the run around.

I’ve been working a second job at an animal shelter for about a month. I work with the animals and a cute girl works in the office. I don’t have much contact with her except for punching in and out. Sometimes she’ll come through the animal area. She did stop to talk to me briefly when I was working in a small room and slowly shut the door behind her and gave me a smile and brief eye contact. That was a few weeks ago and I hope I haven’t waited too long. I only work there two days a week.

I’d like to ask her out but I’m not sure how to do it when we don’t interact much. I also don’t know if she’s single.

Ask her out for a coffee... It's not a date, if she's not interested/not single she'll simply say "no thanks" and you'll be no worse off. :up:

Has anyone here been accused of being flirty when you were just being yourself and having a friendly conversation?

Ok, less than six months this time.

:oldrazz:

*Watches the calendar*

Oh no.

Apparently for a second date you can't just suggest meeting up again eventually. You actually have to ask for it and plan it an all.

Better luck next time I guess.

Earning less than $30,000 a year is a 'deal breaker' for daters — CNBC

Student loan debt deal breaker: More than $28,076

This is below the average amount of student loan debt someone with a bachelor's degree has, which is $37,574, according to data from Education Data Initiative.

Men are a little more forgiving of debt than women, the survey showed. For men, $31,179 was a deal breaking amount of debt. For women it was $22,901.

Personal loans and credit card debt were also a source of friction while dating, according to the survey.

upload_2023-1-29_11-30-37.gif

Chat GPT seems fairly decent at giving dating advice and it's instantaneous.

I don't get some of the assumptions of this article. If you are dating someone in their 30s who's a doctor there's a high probability that that person is in debt to school loans to the tune of 6 figures and may not pay off that loan into their 40s. Not that they can't still have a very comfortable life.
A friend of mine is a lawyer and I assumed once that he made good money. He said he was $100,000 in law school debt.

A friend of mine is a lawyer and I assumed once that he made good money. He said he was $100,000 in law school debt.
I’m a lawyer and I’m a partner at a pretty respected regional firm with offices in multiple states. And I still have some lingering law school debt and I’m 48 years old. But I should be able to pay it off once the interest moratorium is lifted

You guys don't have public (free) universities? Or you do but the reputation is not good at all?

You guys don't have public (free) universities? Or you do but the reputation is not good at all?
They are public, but they sure aren't free. At the University of California, for example, "fees" (it's not called "tuition") have risen steadily over the years and financial support has shrunk dramatically. Students at the "public" institution can expect to have a large student debt by the time they have completed their degree.

They are public, but they sure aren't free. At the University of California, for example, "fees" (it's not called "tuition") have risen steadily over the years and financial support has shrunk dramatically. Students at the "public" institution can expect to have a large student debt by the time they have completed their degree.

Ouch! That really sucks.

So, technically if you go to Uni... how much would you have to pay per year?

Do you have free university? Which country is that? UK used to be free a couple of decades ago.

Ouch! That really sucks.

So, technically if you go to Uni... how much would you have to pay per year?
My son got his degree in Biochemistry from Chapman College. Tuition? 60K per year not including living and book expenses. My daughter got her degree in marketing from USC. Tuition? 60K per year not including living and book expenses.

If you are an in state resident and attend the University of California, it's about 17K with all the fees not including living and book expenses. Out of state, it's over 40K. It's also very, very difficult to get into UC. Cal State expenses are a bit lower and it's also easier to get into.

I have a family member who got a full ride to a university, however, her degree is a a 5 year and it only has a 4 year scholarship. She still has to pay room and board and meals.

Do you have free university? Which country is that? UK used to be free a couple of decades ago.

Yes, we do have free public education from primary school to universities.

UBA (University of Buenos Aires) University of Buenos Aires [2023 Rankings by topic] (edurank.org) is one of the best we have. If not THE best.

My son got his degree in Biochemistry from Chapman College. Tuition? 60K per year not including living and book expenses. My daughter got her degree in marketing from USC. Tuition? 60K per year not including living and book expenses.

60K per year???? That's... a lot of money. Insane!

60K per year???? That's... a lot of money. Insane!
giphy.gif

60k a year is wild. Mine was 20-25k a year.

You old.....:funny:

The problem ain't going away.....it's only getting worse. We can just forgive student debt, but what happens after that? Fix the damn problem. Don't give us a band aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"