The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet it still has more character development and emotion than most comic book movies.

Anyone seen the trailer for Scorsese's 'Silence"? Darn son. Darn.

really glad to see garfield getting great roles, guy deserves all the success coming to him

Im not sure about his accent. But that trailer was INCREDIBLE. Also, it's about time Neeson gets something with substance.

Rises is the most Hollywood, dumb bimbo of the three movies, yes. But I also somehow find it the most emotionally affecting.

I find that it functions better as an end to a great trilogy than a standalone film.

yeah but does it have MARTHAAAAAAAAAAA

:pal:

TDKR's ending is probably the best thing about it, I really enjoyed how it closed the Bruce Wayne story and character arch from the trilogy.

Overall, I do agree with some of the criticisms leveled at TDKR from the previous page (the overall execution, imho, is probably not as good as it was in the other two movies), however its many good aspects tip the scale. At the end of the day, the same sort of thematic and character depth is present in it as in the other two films and for me that was the most important part.

I can't fault its ambition either, especially in an environment where blockbusters and comic book films have become more or less formulaic.

His acting looks great in the trailer but his accent is a bit forced.

What's wrong with Andrew?

It's possible my distaste for him stems from the TASM franchise, but... He just always seems to try too hard, and seems overly emotional. And in this trailer his accent didn't seem particularly good.

I'll wait until the final product to judge. Scorsese rarely miscasts actors.

It's possible my distaste for him stems from the TASM franchise, but... He just always seems to try too hard, and seems overly emotional. And in this trailer his accent didn't seem particularly good.
If an actor/actress can leave a lasting bad impact on his/her previous role, I'm glad I enjoy TASM franchise.
Now that I watched the trailer, I'm interested in this movie.

Like i said in the Leto thread..

They should do an animated episode where Ledger's Joker shoots Leto's in the face while looking the other way (bus driver prologue style). Does away with him like he's nothing. Laughs at his material possessions and shoots Harley on the way out of the building...."WHATDYA DO WITH MY PUDDIN!!!?!?" *gunshot*.

Same episode Bale's Batman takes down Affleck's. Finds him, outsmarts him and arrests him.

If I made one, I'll make Bale take him to a deathtrap and say "I don't have to save you".

sBOrwRh.jpg

So I'm finally getting into Batman: The Telltale series, and I have to say- 3 chapters in and I think this might be my favorite version of the Batman mythos since the Nolan films. I find the writing to be pretty damn good. The portrayals of the characters feel modern and fresh, yet classic. The story throws some curve balls that will manage to surprise even the most hardcore Bat-fans.

Obviously it's hard to compare this to the Arkham games because it's apples and oranges, but just from a story standpoint this is head and shoulders above those and it feels like I'm actually getting a valuable piece of Batman canon in exchange for my time, minus all the button mashing. We'll see how the story wraps up, but they've got me hooked.

Batman Telltale has been awesome, like playing an interactive comic book each month.

So I'm finally getting into Batman: The Telltale series, and I have to say- 3 chapters in and I think this might be my favorite version of the Batman mythos since the Nolan films. I find the writing to be pretty damn good. The portrayals of the characters feel modern and fresh, yet classic. The story throws some curve balls that will manage to surprise even the most hardcore Bat-fans.

Obviously it's hard to compare this to the Arkham games because it's apples and oranges, but just from a story standpoint this is head and shoulders above those and it feels like I'm actually getting a valuable piece of Batman canon in exchange for my time, minus all the button mashing. We'll see how the story wraps up, but they've got me hooked.

I've been thoroughly impressed with the writing and character development myself, it's something the Arkham games could only dream of, although I do understand that wasn't really their main focus at the end of the day.

Doesn't seem you've gotten to Ep 4 as of yet, but I thought their take on the Joker was refreshing, albeit pretty downplayed. It makes sense in the context of the story, though.

I've been meaning to pick it up. Glad to see it has you guys' seal of approval :up:

I've been thoroughly impressed with the writing and character development myself, it's something the Arkham games could only dream of, although I do understand that wasn't really their main focus at the end of the day.

Doesn't seem you've gotten to Ep 4 as of yet, but I thought their take on the Joker was refreshing, albeit pretty downplayed. It makes sense in the context of the story, though.

I actually just finished Ep 4 between when I wrote that post and now haha. And yes, I'm happy with this take on The Joker so far. It's something new, but it still feels like he's going to be a very classic version of the character.

The series has done a great job escalating tension and building the stakes and scope as it goes along. The last two chapters should be pretty epic.

I also think the way they're handling Dent/Two-Face would've worked well for a hypothetical third Nolan film where they decided to keep him alive and went in totally different direction. He's so much more dangerous this way than just a guy who robs the Second National Bank.

I also think the way they're handling Dent/Two-Face would've worked well for a hypothetical third Nolan film where they decided to keep him alive and went in totally different direction. He's so much more dangerous this way than just a guy who robs the Second National Bank.

That type of characterization has always been so boring for Dent.

I said this in the Telltale thread before, but I would have loved to see the kind of split personality, Jekyll vs. Hyde dynamic of this Harvey Dent in TDK, as he flips back and forth between personalities. Not only does it make his scenes more tense and a dramatic, but it's even more sad and tragic to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"