Attack of the *Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you like that guy who facebook friends everyone from his highschool and elementary school, even if you never talked to any of them? :o How would you even recognize someone from Kindergarten? No one at 25 looks even remotely the same as they did at 5 (well okay, to a mother maybe). She probably thought you were some random. And even if she knew you attended Kindergarten with her ... YOU'RE STILL JUST SOME GUY WHO ATTENDED KINDERGARTEN WITH HER!!
Yeah dude I barely remember what my teachers looked like back then, let alone my classmates. :o

I have a bit of a crush on a co-worker of mine. I know the saying well, "Don't **** where you eat.", which I don't plan on doing.

I want something real with this girl. She's smart, sensible, generous, and witty. I want a shot at something real, and I'd hate to miss out on that just because we happen to work in the same building... Honestly, I see this girl for about 20 solid minutes a week. She's part time, I'm full-time, and we work in separate departments. It just seems silly to overlook a great woman because we happen to work under the same roof.
If you work in separate departments, it's not nearly so fraught with danger as dating someone in your office. Definitely less chance for political side-taking if something goes awry, but you should definitely scope out that possibility before scoping out this girl.

Unless it's a company that you aren't dead set on staying at the rest of your life. Then who cares, right? :funny:

This is TMI territory, but does anyone here find it strange that I like to verbally spar with a man I'm dating just as long as it's not resorting to personal insults? I find the adrenaline rush of it all quite a turn on.

No.

Due to my own personal experience I can find nothing strange in a female who is confrontational for the sake of being confrontational...

No.

Due to my own personal experience I can find nothing strange in a female who is confrontational for the sake of being confrontational...

Well, I'm not inherently confrontational at all though. I'm actually a little fun loving sweetheart most of the time. I just get excited when the eventual clash of personalities tends to flare up every once in awhile. The makeup sex is absolutely stunning in the end. Yes, I'm a bit of a weirdo but that's half the fun. I'm a Babydoll gone wrong. It really is true, you do have to wonder and worry about the quiet ones. Or maybe you find that kind of thing exciting.

Last edited:
It was intended more as a joke than anything.

It was intended more as a joke than anything.

Dude, I am being totally serious here about what I posted above. Maybe it's that inner punk rockstar hidden deep inside me but I am like a living mix of paradoxes. I'm a sweet person but I can also be a bit aggressive. There's this interesting dichotomy to my personality. It's almost like I have a Ying/Yang soul or something. It's perfectly normal for me to do some pretty crazy things like yell some nonsense out the window of the car like a deranged maniac but if going inside a place where you need to have manners I'll suppress my inner wild child, with a smirk and a quick snicker of course. You should see me at night when there's nobody in the laundromat I work at. I have to keep myself amused because it can get so dull in there and entertain myself I do.

Last edited:
This is TMI territory, but does anyone here find it strange that I like to verbally spar with a man I'm dating just as long as it's not resorting to personal insults? I find the adrenaline rush of it all quite a turn on.

No. TMI territory was when you revealed your xenophobia towards Hispanic people. :dry:

No, my comment.

MY comment was intended as a kind of misogynistic joke.

No. TMI territory was when you revealed your xenophobia towards Hispanic people. :dry:

Does it make you feel any better if I have a rabid fear of little Gray aliens too?

Seriously, I don't have anything against Hispanics. I'm just not sexually attracted to them. What's so bad about that? I strictly have an attraction to Caucasians and Asians. I'm sorry that I don't date Puerto Ricans or Mexicans in my area but I just haven't had any good experiences with the ones that live in my city to illicit attraction.

Last edited:
I think it's fine to be attracted to someone who kinda fights you verbally at certain terms. I love the feeling of being right. :up:

I think it's fine to be attracted to someone who kinda fights you verbally at certain terms. I love the feeling of being right. :up:

lol, even if you're wrong though? :oldrazz: I don't know, I just like a little grit and fire in a guy because if they don't react to one of my Diva fits than that shows me they don't care enough to pay attention to me.

I can't help myself... I argue rabidly and treat affronts to logic as if someone kicked my dog.

I have no problem seasoning it with insults and swearing though.

Come for the reason, stay for the colourful language...

lol, even if you're wrong though? :oldrazz: I don't know, I just like a little grit and fire in a guy because if they don't react to one of my Diva fits than that shows me they don't care enough to pay attention to me.
I'm never wrong. :o

I can't help myself... I argue rabidly and treat affronts to logic as if someone kicked my dog.

I have no problem seasoning it with insults and swearing though.

Come for the reason, stay for the colourful language...

Well, if I'm angry I usually do swear, but I hate it when I do it. Of course I suppose some guys might find it kind of cute to hear my little chipmunk voice swearing. You know it's serious though when my voice loses it's high octave range and it starts getting deeper. That's usually not a good sign and it means I'm starting to rage instead of simply just have a heated conversation. But overall I do prefer being cheerful and fun. Maybe it's to do with my astrological sign, Saggitarius, but I have moments where I'm just bursts of energy. But I do need to recharge that energy though because after a big round of fun I can feel all dragged out from the constant adrenaline rush of being (Hopefully!) funny and charming. That and straying from my default dance moves tend to wear me out. :oldrazz:

No.

LOL! Correct answer ...

Does it make you feel any better if I have a rabid fear of little Gray aliens too?

Seriously, I don't have anything against Hispanics. I'm just not sexually attracted to them. What's so bad about that?

Nothing. You not being attracted to them wasn't the issue. You know what you said. I'll leave it at that and move on.

It doesn't work when the woman is always right when she says she is, because lot of guys get all :cmad: that they aren't smarter than a woman. Especially the ones who bank on their intelligence and not physical strength to get places. :o

Although I do sometimes think my bf disagree with me on subjects he's not familiar with not because he's a misogynist (because he'll completely cop to the fact I sometimes know better than he does), but he wants to make it seem like he has a spine. :oldrazz:

So there's this girl I met about 3 or 4 months back who I've bene hanging out with once or twice a week since I met her. Now we met kinda drunk at a taxi office and when we met up sober we both agreed it would be best to be friends and see what happens.

Now we were going along fine as friends and she never really showed any kind of attraction to me, which I was fine with cause you know, can't change that. So I was introduced to her friend a few months back when we went bowling and she was ok. Thing is, every time I've met her friend since she's always been more, well, done up I suppose. Like she looks better than the last time like she's making more of an effort.

Now the girl I've been hanging out with came over the other night and we watched the Star Wars OT, her idea. She sat in a different chair to begin with but then half way though New Hope she came and sat next to me, then during Empire we cuddled cause it was cold. During Jedi we just sat there, but I felt there was something there when we were talking about stuff. So yeh, I'm kinda confused about stuff...

Anyone got ideas?

It doesn't work when the woman is always right when she says she is, because lot of guys get all :cmad: that they aren't smarter than a woman. Especially the ones who bank on their intelligence and not physical strength to get places. :o

Although I do sometimes think my bf disagree with me on subjects he's not familiar with not because he's a misogynist (because he'll completely cop to the fact I sometimes know better than he does), but he wants to make it seem like he has a spine. :oldrazz:

Women don't bang the guy that agrees with them all the time. :o

So there's this girl I met about 3 or 4 months back who I've bene hanging out with once or twice a week since I met her. Now we met kinda drunk at a taxi office and when we met up sober we both agreed it would be best to be friends and see what happens.

Now we were going along fine as friends and she never really showed any kind of attraction to me, which I was fine with cause you know, can't change that. So I was introduced to her friend a few months back when we went bowling and she was ok. Thing is, every time I've met her friend since she's always been more, well, done up I suppose. Like she looks better than the last time like she's making more of an effort.

Now the girl I've been hanging out with came over the other night and we watched the Star Wars OT, her idea. She sat in a different chair to begin with but then half way though New Hope she came and sat next to me, then during Empire we cuddled cause it was cold. During Jedi we just sat there, but I felt there was something there when we were talking about stuff. So yeh, I'm kinda confused about stuff...

Anyone got ideas?
Maybe she's just jealous?

You can test the waters unless you like her friend.

Anyone got ideas?

There's absolutely nothing to be confused about. You're friend really likes you. If you feel it too, make a move or you're a chump.

So you occasionally pick fights for no reason at all than an adrenaline rush? I guess whatever works for some people.

Anyone got ideas?

So who are you more attracted to, which one do you want to be with? In terms of how "done up" the other girl was, what were you doing the other times, she might have just felt the activity or situation required a nicer look.

So who are you more attracted to, which one do you want to be with? In terms of how "done up" the other girl was, what were you doing the other times, she might have just felt the activity or situation required a nicer look.
And some girls just feel the need to look good all the time. That's something I've never gotten - I'm always in jeans and casual shirts for class, nothing fancy, and CERTAINLY no makeup because I have a hard-enough time getting out of bed!

But I see some girls here at the community college dressed to the nines, hair blown out, makeup done, the whole works. It makes me :huh:. But I'm lazy and I'm banking on my intelligence to get me places. :cwink:

Being "done up" is only for initial attraction and special occasions, at any rate. I mean, if you expect a girl to look done up all the time, prepare to wait for her for an hour while she blows out her hair every morning. And for disappointment when she takes her makeup off. :o What really matters anyway is what she looks like naked. :cwink:

Lord Valumart - You need to go for it. Seems like she was shooting some serious hints ... Unless, of course, you're more interested in the friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"