Justice League Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be honest with you guys, but if I were the producers of the Justice League film I would be doing my best to show that my film and my team (the Justice League) is not a knock off of Marvel's Avengers. I am sure that fans do want to see the cast on the stage (though I doubt that the will have everyone casted by then), but it would look too much like the Avengers.

I will be honest with you guys, but if I were the producers of the Justice League film I would be doing my best to show that my film and my team (the Justice League) is not a knock off of Marvel's Avengers. I am sure that fans do want to see the cast on the stage (though I doubt that the will have everyone casted by then), but it would look too much like the Avengers.

I would hope at Comic Con they would probably announce a release date, who's directing, and who would be playing the new Batman/Bruce Wayne and Diana/Wonder Woman. That would be a tad different than how Marvel Studios did it back in 2010...

They need to cast Flash, Batman, and Wonder Woman. If they keep Reynolds, then they already have their Green Lantern along with Superman as well.

Reynolds was miscast to begin with. He's a decent actor, but he's more Wally than Hal. I'd distance myself from that film. Kyle Rayner was IMO the most popular gl, and Geoff johns love for silver age brought hal back,which isn't bad. An artist with a power ring was a great idea. Even if mos tanks they should take the risk of doing jl and doing justice to the source material. No pun intended

I would hope at Comic Con they would probably announce a release date, who's directing, and who would be playing the new Batman/Bruce Wayne and Diana/Wonder Woman. That would be a tad different than how Marvel Studios did it back in 2010...

I would agree with that if Man of Steel has a good opening 3 weeks. If that happens, they you will probably see them announcing the release date, the writer/director/producers (probably the team of the Nolans and Snyder is my bet), Henry Cavil as Superman, and maybe who will be playing Batman and Wonder Woman.

Reynolds was miscast to begin with. He's a decent actor, but he's more Wally than Hal. I'd distance myself from that film. Kyle Rayner was IMO the most popular gl, and Geoff johns love for silver age brought hal back,which isn't bad. An artist with a power ring was a great idea. Even if mos tanks they should take the risk of doing jl and doing justice to the source material. No pun intended

Miscast and misdirected. Hal should have been charming but reckless. Reynold's Hal came off as a *****e.

I think Kyle Rayner's background origin messes better with Green Lantern's power in terms of story telling. I wish they combined Hal and Kyle the way they did in Superman TAS.

So we're all in for MoS now! All or nothing on that opening weekend..big stakes!!

I was going to see MOS regardless. Some movies I mark as critic-proof. Other movies I turn to favorite critics to help me decide if I should watch.

I'm seeing it Day One unless I hear unanimously that it's the biggest turkey of all time.

I would agree with that if Man of Steel has a good opening 3 weeks. If that happens, they you will probably see them announcing the release date, the writer/director/producers (probably the team of the Nolans and Snyder is my bet), Henry Cavil as Superman, and maybe who will be playing Batman and Wonder Woman.

That would be nice to see. I think if MOS does especially well, I wouldn't be surprised if they greenlight both a MOS sequel and JL. Either hire a director with a two-picture deal to ensure a consistent tone, or two different directors.

That way, they can take advantage of Superman's revival and milk it for what it's worth. Have each film open within a year of one another -- like the MOS sequel on June 2015 and JL take May/July 2016.

I actually think MOS doing well will give WB the incentive to shelve JLA for a while and just focus on Superman francise with Nolan/Goyer/ and Snyder in tow. In that respect , I agree with the BOF story . WB really doesn't seem to be in the risk taking biz. They play it overly cautious and with an "if it aint broke , don't fix it" type of attitude. If MOS goes over really well I tend think, WB will take the position of why get side tracked with JLA when we can just milk MOS for a while.

If MOS somehow does SR type numbers then I think they'll come to the conclusion that a JLA film which jump starts all of their properties is the best way to go . Not saying its the right frame of mind but given WB past history its probably the way they'll go. I think any sort of announcement about the next Batman really is wishful thinking at this early at date.

They need to cast Flash, Batman, and Wonder Woman. If they keep Reynolds, then they already have their Green Lantern along with Superman as well.
I don't see how they can keep Reynolds, if they are going to incorporate this with MOS. Superman is supposed to be the first alien...unless they say the events in GL happened after MOS?

I dunno, I just don't see Reynolds being in it regardless.

What if JL is set ~25 years after TDKR?

Damian Wayne as Batman, John Stewart GL

I don't see how they can keep Reynolds, if they are going to incorporate this with MOS. Superman is supposed to be the first alien...unless they say the events in GL happened after MOS?

I dunno, I just don't see Reynolds being in it regardless.

Even if they set the GL events after MOS, it would still be a contradiction. GL says Abin Sur was mankind's first contact with aliens and MOS says Superman and Zod were mankind's first contact with aliens. So if WB decides to do a shared universe starting with MOS, Green Lantern will definitely be rebooted.

What if JL is set ~25 years after TDKR?

Damian Wayne as Batman, John Stewart GL

Superman would be too old by then and at least 20 years younger than Batman.

Not if Damian is Batman. Because Damian would hypothetically be 24-25.

Superman is never too old. He hardly ages.

Is that an official power he has or just something people speculate/like to include?

It's more than speculation because it's in comics and cartoons.

Not to pick a fight but I never read any canon stories in the comics where that is true. I've only seen it in stories that take place in the future DC like Superman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns, and Kingdom Hearts but those aren't canon. But then again, I don't read a lot of Superman.

Regardless, having Damian Wayne as Batman still wouldn't keep the classic Batman/Superman dynamic the same.

DC One Million was the canonical future of the DCU. In that Superman was 851, 000 years old and hadn't aged (but he did turn gold).

Superman is never too old. He hardly ages.

Is that an official power he has or just something people speculate/like to include?

It's more than speculation because it's in comics and cartoons.

Not to pick a fight but I never read any canon stories in the comics where that is true. I've only seen it in stories that take place in the future DC like Superman Beyond, The Dark Knight Returns, and Kingdom Hearts but those aren't canon. But then again, I don't read a lot of Superman.

Regardless, having Damian Wayne as Batman still wouldn't keep the classic Batman/Superman dynamic the same.

Back in the Silver Age, it was said by the editors that his birthday is February 29th, which would only occur once every four years, and hence he ages slowly. Nowadays they just have a multiversal crisis every 10 years or so, which basically reboots the universe over, thus Superman stays around the same age.

Miscast and misdirected. Hal should have been charming but reckless. Reynold's Hal came off as a *****e.

I think Kyle Rayner's background origin messes better with Green Lantern's power in terms of story telling. I wish they combined Hal and Kyle the way they did in Superman TAS.

Oddly enough the superman tas version of Kyle looked like Ryan Reynolds.

Hal "goes missing" and the ring finds John Stewart. Then, in the future if was a huge success, Hal can come back as his version of Paralax, universal genocide, etc. Big battle for the league, plus the added emotion of John and Hal, fear vs will, etc etc.

that would also give Reynolds a chance, with age, to prove his range and play a very serious, menacing role.

But its not necessary to use him, as you can always leave it with "presumed dead" and call it a day.

John Stewart is so boring but an architect as a gl makes more sense than maverick from top gun. I like the idea of Hal being the bad guy in a possible future gl movie. Kyle is the gl I grew up with. Not the first but he makes the most sense to me. I'd be ok with Hal but if eion bailey played him.

Well Hal makes sense because of his willpower to stay in control, but I agree that the creativity angle could be more appealing for a GL story. Perhaps Stewart could be written to convey both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"