The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
... You're really enjoying this, aren't you? :hehe:

I can't say I blame you.

Lol I'm really not. Honest. 2 days ago I was genuinely happy when it looked like the early positive buzz pointed to a good movie. Last thing I want is a poor Batman movie. What sort of Batman fan would get a kick out of that?

Asking Batlobster to be brutally honest is just me wanting to hear his opinions with no sugar coating.

This is a blessing though. I'd hate to see Snyder butcher Batman's supporting cast and villains in a straight up solo Bat-film.

Just glad to hear Batfleck was great.

My god, was this movie bland as hell.

I spent most of the 2 1/2 hours not giving a single, solitary **** about what was happening onscreen.

The one scene that legit impressed me was Batman's hand to hand fight. That's about it.

Affleck and Irons could kill it in a Batman movie with a much better team behind them.

Eisenberg was like a wannabe Batman villain.

Cavill was utterly boring as Superman.

The most surprising thing for me is all the claims about Batman being unlikeable. Seems like that's the thing WB would try to avoid the most given he's their biggest cash cow.

I've seen people say he's less likeable than Superman. It's ironic too, since many Superman fans were worried they'd give favoritism to Batman.

Saw the RT and participated in the fallout like everyone here, and walked in expecting to hate it... But it's just so big, weird, interesting at times genuinely emotional and-- of course-- spectacularly bombastic that... I loved it! I walked out with a huge grin on my face, smiling ear-to-ear. And it was from the opening few minutes I knew "Holy crap, I think I may love this?!"
Pretty much how I felt. :up:
Same! I'd give it a solid 8/10. I was captivated the whole time.

My god, was this movie bland as hell.

I spent most of the 2 1/2 hours not giving a single, solitary **** about what was happening onscreen.

The one scene that legit impressed me was Batman's hand to hand fight. That's about it.

Affleck and Irons could kill it in a Batman movie with a much better team behind them.

Eisenberg was like a wannabe Batman villain.

Cavill was utterly boring as Superman.

Sorry to hear it, Bats. Really. Is it true that they make Batman really unlikable?

What would you rate it out of 10?

Sorry to hear it, Bats. Really. Is it true that they make Batman really unlikable?

What would you rate it out of 10?

For me, neither Supes nor Bats were truly likable characters. I didn't root for either of them at all.

I'd give it a 5/10. At this point, I'd be uncomfortable giving it a 6 or 7.

For me, neither Supes nor Bats were truly likable characters. I didn't root for either of them at all.

I'd give it a 5/10. At this point, I'd be uncomfortable giving it a 6 or 7.

What score did you give MOS?

Btw I just heard something that sounds too stupid to be true. Something to do with [BLACKOUT]Lex Luthor and a jar of piss?[/BLACKOUT] Tell me there is no such thing.

Btw I just heard something that sounds too stupid to be true. Something to do with [BLACKOUT]Lex Luthor and a jar of piss?[/BLACKOUT] Tell me there is no such thing.

I gave MOS a 7/10 initially, but now it's a 6.

And yes, that is true.

There is a jar. And you want to know a real shocker? That is one of the best scenes in the movie.

I agree with DACrowe. Those few seconds were one of the rare times I felt even a smidge of spark or tension.

Many people are enjoying this and are gleeful about it. Most of those people have seen it, it seems.

Hey, you know I enjoyed the hell out of it, too. But it's just so absurd, as a movie (which is both its charm and its downfall), and it gets both characters so right superficially... yet so remarkably wrong in fundamental ways... That I can't condemn anyone (as if I would anyway) for either loving it, or hating it. I still can't make sense of the thing in my head.

Last edited:

Not only that, but I swear it gets as much screentime as Supes in that scene... And as many lines of dialogue, too.

Nolan's chases, all of them, absolutely **** on the car chase in this film. No question.

Hell, I liked the Burtonmobile simply driving down a dark road more than I liked the BvS chase.

Is it true that the CGI is utter, rubbery **** for the duration of the chase?

It looked like a video game to me. Kinda took me out of it, to be honest.

Saw this in the BvS forums. Snyder's rationale for making Batman [BLACKOUT]Punisher lite[/BLACKOUT].

. I tried to do it in a technical way. There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’

There was no source given so maybe this is a joke. A parody. But the fact that it sounds like it can be legit says it all really.

The particular panel he's referring to here is intentionally ambiguous and is the sole instance in which it can be argued that Batman intentionally takes a life in DKR. He misunderstood the book just like he misunderstood Watchmen.

Nolan's chases, all of them, absolutely **** on the car chase in this film. No question.

Hell, I liked the Burtonmobile simply driving down a dark road more than I liked the BvS chase.

This. A thousand times this.

Even in Batman 1989 there was a grandeur to the car rocketing down the road. This is all CGI, explosions, noise, and death. The movie in a nutshell.

I gave MOS a 7/10 initially, but now it's a 6.

And yes, that is true.

So it's a notch below MOS for you. It seems to be the consensus for many. Worse than MOS. Something I didn't think was possible.

There is a jar. And you want to know a real shocker? That is one of the best scenes in the movie.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone lol.

...oh boy.

You seen it, Trav?

Nolan did great chase sequences. Especially the one in TDK. My all time fav.

You seen it, Trav?
sigh...yeah. I dunno....I'm kinda lost about this one(I guess I'll put it into spoiler tags, just in case some still haven't seen it). But my biggest issue with this movie, and it's a HUGE one, was...

knowing I'm gonna be having long debates with you guys, for years on end. I LOVED it. It wasn't perfect, but I loved it, though. I had so much fun watching it.

QdQf1eG.gif

Last edited:
sigh...yeah. I dunno....I'm kinda lost about this one(I guess I'll put it into spoiler tags, just encase some still haven't seen it). But my biggest issue with this movie, and it's a HUGE one, was...

knowing I'm gonna be having long debates with you guys, for years on end. I LOVED it. It wasn't perfect, but I loved it, though. I had so much fun watching it.

Lol if that's the worst thing you can say then you're very lucky :cwink:

Seriously I am very happy for you :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"