The Relationship Thread: Because Superhero Forums are Full of Sexperts! - - Part 31

I can't help but disagree with that advice @InCali . I obviously don't know the entire context of the message that was received, but if it was practically "thanks for today, let's stay in touch" without any other subtext, that can't possibly be a means to anything other than a soft turn down.

If you are going to message her again @Prison Mike , for the love of god do keep it light! :confused: Further attempts at pursuing her (for dating or friendship) could be perceived as hassling, though only you know what sorta' vibe you're getting from her.

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Her message was literally “sorry for the delay. It was good meeting you. Let’s stay in touch.” If she was really interested then she would have made it known that she wants a second date or at least wants to plan a second date. In any case, I’m not really interested in pursuing any further and don’t plan on “staying in touch.”

Yeah that’s what I thought too. Her message was literally “sorry for the delay. It was good meeting you. Let’s stay in touch.” If she was really interested then she would have made it known that she wants a second date or at least wants to plan a second date. In any case, I’m not really interested in pursuing any further and don’t plan on “staying in touch.”
You've seemingly seen the bigger picture already, but yeah. That's a turn down message for sure; there's nothing in it to suggest otherwise. No questions, no jokes, just a placid reply to your message.

In other news, thought I'd give Tinder another go, more for what the heck rather than anything else cause I know Tinder is all about looks and I'm no Brad Pitt.

My choice of bio though reads:

Looking for someone with their own eyebrows who's also able to piece together a conversation. Why swipe right if you're unable to compose a message?

Whilst some photos look great with a filter, you and those Snapchat bunny ears do not. No smokers either please, cause your breath probably stinks.

Still reading? You should've probably swiped left or right by now..

I can't help but disagree with that advice @InCali . I obviously don't know the entire context of the message that was received, but if it was practically "thanks for today, let's stay in touch" without any other subtext, that can't possibly be a means to anything other than a soft turn down.

If you are going to message her again @Prison Mike , for the love of god do keep it light! :confused: Further attempts at pursuing her (for dating or friendship) could be perceived as hassling, though only you know what sorta' vibe you're getting from her.

It depends on the person. I could easily see myself saying something like that and meaning it. People are different and that needs to be taken into account. If someone is interested in "keeping in touch" and tries, THEN you would find out more. He's clearly not interested, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

They are not sweet, but the smell and texture is just like the real thing!
I will get the recipe from the book and share it at some point, promise... :up:

Oh.....so that means they taste like the cookies @MissMarvelous87 makes? :hehe:

Speaking of relationships, how's Zazu?

In any case, I’m not really interested in pursuing any further and don’t plan on “staying in touch.”

You weren't interested during the date / after the date / after her message?

My choice of bio though reads:

Looking for someone with their own eyebrows who's also able to piece together a conversation. Why swipe right if you're unable to compose a message?

Whilst some photos look great with a filter, you and those Snapchat bunny ears do not. No smokers either please, cause your breath probably stinks.

Still reading? You should've probably swiped left or right by now..

Nice, really nice. That attitude is "on point" you will be getting lots of swipes! To.the.left.

Oh.....so that means they taste like the cookies @MissMarvelous87 makes? :hehe:

Speaking of relationships, how's Zazu?

Punches under the belt are not allowed :p

Zazu is doing great! He chews everything, literally. The guy never stops! The cat thinks the dog is his own little punching ball.

Zazu is doing great! He chews everything, literally. The guy never stops! The cat thinks the dog is his own little punching ball.

That's a good question and one I thought of (so, it's gotta be good.....right?).

Sorry.....I just couldn't resist the cookie reference.

Get Zazu a couple of chew toys and put some flavoring on it before he gets your shoes. When the pups were little, my wife had a problem with a pair of shoes. What she pays for shoes gave me a heart attack. Seriously, lock your shoes away.

Cats are like that.

That's a good question and one I thought of (so, it's gotta be good.....right?).

It's a great question! And I feel curious to know, since he said that he wasn't interested in her but he asked about her message anyways.

Maybe he was just trying to be really sure about her dismissal.

Sorry.....I just couldn't resist the cookie reference.

Still haven't baked them :funny::funny::funny: but I'd send them to you! For your delight :gngl:

Get Zazu a couple of chew toys and put some flavoring on it before he gets your shoes

The flavoring idea is great! Never thought about it, def going to try that.

Seriously, lock your shoes away
Everything is!

What's new? :rolleyes:

Your mean attitude. You're not like that.

Nice, really nice. That attitude is "on point" you will be getting lots of swipes! To.the.left.

I used to tie a knot in my white socks. They loved them.

I used to tie a knot in my white socks. They loved them.

He was a sock, some ropes, two balls, my slippers... what else? Nespresso?

The nice guy approach has done nothing for me though, so I've nothing to lose by trying something different.

Did you take a nap? You need one. Or two, for that matter. But hey, it's your life! Do whatever pleases you.

After the date. We didn’t really have much in common when we were talking. Now I regret sending that follow up text though. Just wanted a second opinion on the whole “let’s stay in touch” text.

After the date. We didn’t really have much in common when we were talking. Now I regret sending that follow up text though. Just wanted a second opinion on the whole “let’s stay in touch” text.

I've learned to not try and crawl inside someone else's mind until I get to know them well. Even then, sometimes I feel like I'm treading on very shaky ground. It could have meant anything, though if you felt there wasn't much in common, it's fairly likely she felt much the same way. I didn't know that part before. I wouldn't worry about it. What's done is done and if you aren't interested in following up, it doesn't matter much.

Someone left an angry message on my wife’s Facebook page, telling her she was getting divorced because she is a racist. She never saw it personally and didn’t know who sent it but a friend told her about it.

I saw her last night and things were good for the most part, until I decided to leave. Some things we will just never agree on. So this Facebook post was really not at a good time.

Someone left an angry message on my wife’s Facebook page, telling her she was getting divorced because she is a racist. She never saw it personally and didn’t know who sent it but a friend told her about it.

Oh, buddy! That's awful.

Although I have to admit that I find the whole scenario a little bit weird (to say the least). The "she told me that someone told her blah", is not too convincing, for me. Do you believe it actually happened?

Is her Facebook profile public? (a better question: people still use Facebook?). Shouldn't she be able to check that on her notifications? Did they delete the message? So many questions!

It’s all very weird. I wouldn’t think that anyone I know would do that. Part of me suspected my former psychiatrist, who flat out told me that if I stayed with her, I’d be married to a racist, a bigot and a white supremacist. If I had to guess, I’d say it would be her but it still seems hard to believe that a sixty year old woman would do that.

The suspicious part is when she said she hadn’t gotten a notification about the post, she only learned about it from another person.

It’s all very weird. I wouldn’t think that anyone I know would do that. Part of me suspected my former psychiatrist, who flat out told me that if I stayed with her, I’d be married to a racist, a bigot and a white supremacist. If I had to guess, I’d say it would be her but it still seems hard to believe that a sixty year old woman would do that.

The suspicious part is when she said she hadn’t gotten a notification about the post, she only learned about it from another person.

If she never saw it, how did it get removed? All of this sounds odd. If it had been me, I would have kept it. I don't really use facebook and don't know much about details. I have a few friends who use it a lot and I mainly use it to check at their new posts if I'm so inclined and, occasionally, make a brief, friendly comment.

If she never saw it, how did it get removed? All of this sounds odd. If it had been me, I would have kept it. I don't really use facebook and don't know much about details. I have a few friends who use it a lot and I mainly use it to check at their new posts if I'm so inclined and, occasionally, make a brief, friendly comment.

I agree. It was posted to your soon to be ex-wife's Facebook. She "never" saw it but a friend saw it and then it was removed without her doing anything?

The person that made the post must have deleted it, if it even existed.

I don’t see the point of her making up a story like that.

The person that made the post must have deleted it, if it even existed.

I don’t see the point of her making up a story like that.

I'm not a FB pro by any stretch of the imagination and didn't know you could delete something you put on another's page. Not knowing your wife or her friend, I have no idea of who might do what, but agree that it doesn't make sense to come up with a story like that. Her friend, I don't know. Did the person say who sent it? Is there a way to track that down?

If I were to still be friends with my soon to be exwife, I’m pretty sure I’d be a care taker. She has cooked for herself once since I moved out two months ago, has been living on junk food and food made by her parents. She hadn’t cleaned the house in that time. Her dad mowed the lawn for her. I don’t know if she can ever take care of herself. She may live with her parents forever. I don’t know how long her two dogs will last there. There will be three total and her dad and brother don’t like them. Giving them up would wreck her.

Aside from cooking, it would be just like when we were married. Oh and eventually she’d want the two cats back from the lady she fostered them with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"